Ranscombe House Bed & Breakfast

01273 858490


Home       History       Rooms       Local Information       Location       Contact Us      


A brief history
From recent surveyors we believe the original timber framed manor house was built in the mid 15th century, evidence within the house also indicated the earliest part of the house is the ground floor reception room and corresponding bedroom above on the west of the house, now known as the Kingston Room.
In 1543 Thomas Cranmer, the Archbishop of Canterbury granted of the manor to Sir John Gage, it is likely that the house was somewhat aggrandised and altered to reflect the change in status of the manor and this process was continued to the present day.
For more information please see here.


Ranscombe House | Ranscombe Lane | Glynde | East Sussex | BN8 6AA | 01273 858490
info@ranscombehouse.co.uk